Wednesday, March 24, 2010

Looking in my window....


This little bit of craftiness has been sitting behind my hutch for almost a year. I got it at my local scrapbook store (LSS) with plans to create it soon there after. Well it got tucked away, then it got put on the "list". The "list" is my project list, it is were I list out projects that I either want to accomplish and have the stuff acquired to complete. I am embarrassed how long some things have been on the list. One of my goals this year was to complete the "list" before I add more to the "list". I have done well, I have marked off a few things and yesterday I got to mark this one off. BUT that is not to say that things haven't been added to the "list" this year!


Well what is it you ask, its not a layout, but something to hang on the wall. I have my family's' pictures all over our house, I have my extended family's pictures all over our house and I have my husbands family's picture all over the house. What I do not have is my kids school pictures up ANY where in our house, not one year! Every year I say that I am going to get frames and put them up and every year it does not happen. So this is my solution, I put them in this...




I am in love with it!!! (is that bad to say about ones own work?) I got this old window frame at the LSS and re-worked it. I had to take the glass out and sand it all down. YEAH POWER TOOLS!!!! I love my little mouse palm sander, it is so fun to use. I also used the drimmel to get in those tight spots. I was scared that I was going to break the glass panes, I did end up breaking the corner on one but no one knows where it is but me. This is what it looked like after the sanding...


I forgot to take a picture of the real before. Then it went downstairs where the fun began. I got out the paints and as my dad would say "went to town". Coated it with a beigey/tan color and then swiped over with some dark blue. I had gotten the papers on clearance (love that word, clearance, especially in a scrapbook section!) , the words came out of the $1 bin at Michael's. The big D I cut on my handy, dandy Cricuit. Now that is a wonderful machine!! Inked up everything. I think that is one of my favorite tools, ink. Spritzed on some Glimmer Mist(my carpet will never be the same, oops)




Now the flowers have history, well at least the big ones. They came from my wedding bouquet. My wedding was wonderful, but the flowers were not all that I had envisioned them to be. But these hydrangeas and roses were wonderful. I don't think I have every seen such pretty silk roses. So at Christmas when we opened this random box out of our attic from our move up here from GA 14 years ago, I was trilled to find my bouquet, but the greenery was all breaking up, the lily's were not so great, so what to do with it. At our house in GA I had it as a swag over a doorway, but that did not fit the house here, so hence it never got unpacked. Everything else in that random box got throw out BTW. These flowers have sit around until I had a light bulb moment about three weeks ago that they would fit the colors I was planning for my window. I love it when things fit together like that.
So now I have a taped, glued, spritzed, inked, and marked it off my list. I have my kids school pictures up and I can change them out each year easily (no more have to go get a frame excuse) and my wall gets an update!! Woo HOO what a feeling of completion and now it is on W to do list to get hung up in the living room. I post a picture of it when it is up. Until then, thanks for stopping my our creative table. See ya later!!

1 comment:

  1. Love it Laur, I am jealous you are done with yours!me

    ReplyDelete