Monday, April 19, 2010

Bags and bags...








I love bags, big one, little ones, any shape ones!!! I think I can safely say that Kins and I are bag crazy. I have always teased Kins about her bag patterns (the girl has a ton of them!!! and she lets me borrow them, YEAH KINS!!! my weakness is Christmas fabric or scrapbook products, I have a ton of those)


I have always been alittle afraid of bags, they have those square bottoms and so many of them have Z-I-P-P-E-R-S, Ugggggg those really scare me. Well I have faced that fear and you know what it ain't such a big boogie boo as I thought! I can do it!!! I have made five bags in the last three months. I have made a duffel bag (didn't take a picture of it but it is black/brown/gold and big and has a zipper), it was the practice bag to get ready for MIL D's bag. Then I made this little tote bag with prairie points (they intimidate some people, I didn't know enough to be intimidated!!) Then I made MIL D's bag, I have teased it before but it was for her birthday and it came together really nicely. It had a zipper and a square bottom, two things I was not sure how to do.





I liked how it came together so well, that I ripped apart my kids jeans (they had out grown them) and made this little number. It came together so well and so quick. I made it very simple, no zipper!!!


It will be going into our Etsy shop when we get it set up. My little girl K liked it so much she asked me to make her one like the jean one but with the zipper top with Grandmas.



I then tackled a purse/bag/clutch, that was fun. It was also a challenge because of how tight the corners were and some of the materials used. I have been carrying it every since and have gotten so many compliments on it! It is a keeper!! (see picture above)





Kins has made this bright softball bag with grommets that is so cool!! It is really big and bright, here is a sneak at it.




I have a new one on my table now, I am creating K's bag now with this fun furry trim and have started sewing it. That fun furry trim is slippery, makes for some fun sewing. So check back later in the week and see how K's bag turns out!!!




OH YEAH!!!! HAPPY BIRTHDAY MIL D!!!!!! Hope you are having a wonderful time in VA!! Here is your bag!! (she said I could show her a picture of it since she won't get the bag till mid May) Hope you like it, have fun and see ya in a couple weeks!!! Love you so much and thank you so much for being such a wonderful MIL.




Thanks for stopping by our table and C you later, Lala

No comments:

Post a Comment